A fun and simple smoothie sure to brighten up your day. My kids love them. Last week, my bananas were almost over ripe. I peeled them and put them in the freezer for a day like today.i don't like to waste fruits. Before they go bad, I peeled them, chopped them and place it in a ziplock to freeze. It is convenient for smoothie makes. And I love the textures it gives the smoothies. They ask for smoothies when they are in the mood for it. And that is about 3x a week.When I make the kids smoothies, I try to pack it with nutrients as much as I can without making it look green to them. Just for reference, my kids don't like smoothies that are green. No matter how tasty and sweet it is, if its green, they won't touch it. Sometimes I add flax seeds, rolled oats and powdered supplements. As long as they don't see, they consume it.
In this smoothie, I included:
- Mixed berries for flavor because of its natural sweetness. It is low carb and packed with antioxidants and protein.
- Bananas are packed with potassium, magnesium, and vitamin C.
- Chia seeds helps make the smoothie thicker while its packed with calcium and Omega 3.
- Greek yogurt for creamy texture and tangy flavor. It has the lowest added sugar among all yogurts and it is rich in lean protein, calcium, probiotics, and antioxidants.
- Milk, you can use any milk you like. But I used oat for a non dairy option. You can use coconut, almond, soy or dairy milk.
- For added sweetness, I used honey. I try to avoid refined and process sugar.
2 frozen bananas
1 c frozen berry medley
2 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 c greek yogurt, plain
2 c oat milk or more
honey to taste
Blend all the ingredient til smooth. Add more oat milk to thinner smoothies. Add more honey to make it sweeter.